Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pet Peeves

Do you have any pet peeves?? I do.  I have LOTS.  I also have lots of things that piss me off...but this is about pet peeves, so these need to be more "annoying" and less "life-changing". 

Here are my pet peeves about my peas:


1. Abby: Always licking her finger and rubbing her eyes, especially when she first wakes up.  WHY?? Who knows, but I think it's gross.  She's only had pink eye once so I guess it's not really a PROBLEM.  I still love her.

2. Jacob: Always covering his ears when I talk to him in a "mom" voice.  Ok, yea, I have been known to yell from time to time, but this kid covers his ears when I'm only using my mom scale #2 voice!!  C'mon!  You know I can get louder than that!  The ear covering makes me irritated and also feel guilty at the same time, like I'm always yelling or something..which isn't true!!  I also still love him, but quit covering your ears, dude.  It's annoying.
3. Hannah-banana: She usually doesn't bug me, but her constant asking for band-aids gets annoying.  Abby did the same thing, but Hannah's the baby, so anything she does is always less annoying, just because she is. You know it's true mom's, don't deny it ;)
4. Mr. Pea: This sh*t on the counter.  Ok, a little back explanation.  I'm a neat freak, I probably have undiagnosed OCD.  A place for everything and everything in it's place.  Years ago, I bought this cute little two sectioned basket that I keep on the book shelf where I have all my other "command central" items.  One section is for me and one is for Mr. Pea.  It's plenty big for keys, ipods, IT band straps, and miscellaneous doo-dads (as my mom would've said).  This is where this crap is suppose to go.  In the basket.  Mr. Pea comes home with all sorts of nonsense in his pocket: car keys, work keys, wallet, pens, note cards with all to-do list (which I've already explained is NOT a good organizational system!) and then lays it on the counter EVERY NIGHT.  It's exactly 4 human steps from the counter to the basket. Really??  I've asked him a million times to put it in the basket, but, alas..here I am blogging about it.  I suppose though that after 12 years of being together, if this is my biggest pet peeve we are doing alright.  Oh, and the cuddling.  I hate cuddling.  Mr. Pea loves it.  I find it annoying.  I still love him, too.

Misc pet peeves: improper use of grammar (like "lose" and "loose"), not responding to a text or email (in this day and age, there is really no need for this), not RSVPing to something (really? come one! it's not hard to say "yes" or "no"!), dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs on the floor, hand prints on the stainless fridge, and granola bars (too crumbly).

What are your pet peeves??  Comment and let me know!  I am always looking for more things to find annoying :)

1 comments:

stacey said...

Listening to people and/or pets eat! So loud and so gross! I'm sure I'm loud too but I can't hear it lol!

Post a Comment

Show me some love with a comment!!