Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Quick Thanksgiving Wreath

 
So today, I felt like making a quick Thanksgiving wreath. It's not super fancy, but I like it :)
 
To make this, you will need:
Foam Wreath
coordinating fabrics, as many or as little as you want
hot glue
felt for the flowers
paper for the "be thankful" medallion
 

Cut your fabric in rectangles long enough to go around your wreath, about 2'x 5x.
 

Hot glue the strips one at a time.  I wasn't too worried for them to be completely flat, a few wrinkles adds some character ;)

Continue gluing until the whole wreath is covered.

I made 3 felt mums (see previous posts) and hot glued a button in the center for something different.  To make this "medallion" I glued a piece of scrapbook paper on a thin piece of cardboard and just hand wrote "Be Thankful".  I hot glued wooden beads around the edge.  If I had thought more ahead, wooden letters would have been cute, but I didn't have any handy.
I hot glued the medallion and flowers on the side, tied a ribbon, and called it a wreath!  I'll hang it on our front door for a few weeks, until I make a Christmas one :)
Happy Crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with a comment!!