Friday, November 2, 2012

NaBloPoMo!!

I like blogging and have been trying to learn some new tips and techniques as I go.  Like today, my fellow-blogger, friend and Jacob's teacher, Courtney showed me how to link someone directly in my blog.  Cool, eh?? So as I was browsing some of my favorite blogs earlier, I came across the fact that it's NaBloPoMo!  What, what??  National Blog Posting Month!
The goal is to "blog for blogging sake" and write a post everyday.  Soooo, I'm going to give it my all and try to keep up!
 
For today, a simple post.  Since it's November and Thanksgiving is almost upon us, I decided to get into the spirit and blog about 10 things I am thankful for: 
 
1. I am so very thankful for my husband.  We've been though a lot over the 12 years we've been together. He truly is my best friend, my ying to my yang.  He works so incredibly hard for us and has sacrificed so much so that I can stay home with our babies.  So, no matter how much it annoys me that he can never seem to place his pile of junk from his pockets after work in his special basket, I still love him to pieces :)
2001, 2004, 2012- I think...aren't we cute!  And are getting old...lol!
2. I am also so very thankful for my peas.  They are the light of my life, my blessings, and the source of all my straggly gray hairs.  They make me so crazy and so happy at the exact same time.  They are all three so different and so alike.  They make me laugh, smile and want to cry some days...but I wouldn't trade one second with them for anything! They are truly our best work...and we've done some awesome stuff! :)
 
3. My family.  My brother, sister and I are very close.  It's always been us three and our mom so we've been though a lot.  Even though I am here and they are in Mass, we still talk often and never miss one of our kids bdays or holiday.  There's seven grand kids between us and are all so unique and special.  I love my family and wish I could have a private jet so I could fly home whenever I wanted!  Better yet, if we had the money for a jet, we'd just move.  I am also thankful for my family through marriage.  My kids are lucky to have so many people that love them!
 
4. Healthy children, nieces and nephews.  There are so many sick babies out there.  It's awful to imagine what these mommies and daddies go though each day.  I struggle to even think about it.  We are so blessed and thank God daily for healthy children, all around.   
 
5. Cottonwood Preschool and Elementary:  My kids go to the BEST school and have the BEST teachers.  I feel so blessed that I can be both parent and friends with them.  I know they are getting an excellent education and that truly is irreplaceable.  I have also met lots of awesome mommies in my travels and it makes my heart happy to see them all each day!
 
6. Fall, winter, boots, sweaters....cool weather is my favorite weather.  I am waiting with baited breath for the seasons to change here and I can have at least a few weeks of flip-flop free weather and my feet can sit snugly in my Muk Luk's.  Please come soon fall!  You've been missed!!
 
7. Wine.  Enough said.
 
8. Bedtime.  I love my peas (see #2), but they do make me crazy (also see #2) so I love bedtime. It's a time to get in our snugly "bed clothes" as Hannah calls them, read stories, say our prayers and then say Good Night so mommy can have a nice glass of wine and RELAX! (see #7)
 
9. My friends.  Old, new; here and in Mass.  I've gained some really great friends over the years and am thankful for each and every one! They make me laugh, and are there are me when I need them the most.  Great friends are hard to come by, I'm glad I have found some :)
 
10. My mom.  This one could be an entire post on its own, but I'll keep it short.  My mom was amazing and has truly made me into the woman I am today.  I am thankful for every second we were together, every minute of phone conversation and every text and email we sent.  I am thankful she was so random and spontaneous and came to live out here a few times so my kids had the chance to really know her.  I am thankful that I still hear Abby and Jake talking to Mimi.  I am thankful they have their memories and can help her live on in Hannah.  I miss her everyday but know she was always and still is proud of me; and I am thankful for that :) <3 <3
 
What are you thankful for?  Comment and let me know!

1 comments:

Courtney said...

Im so proud of you for attempting to blog each day this month! You can do it!!!!

Post a Comment

Show me some love with a comment!!