Thursday, March 28, 2013

Things you should know about me if we are going to be BFF's

Recently friend and fellow blogger Courtney with What's up With the Wilhelms, wrote an adorable post called "Things you should know about me if we are going to be BFF's, and I thought it was great!  Not being one to reinvent the wheel I decided to do one of my own.  Turns out, she too "borrowed" this idea from another terrific blogger Sarah over at Scissors and a Whisk.  I guess great minds think alike!!

So, do you want to be my BFF?  Why wouldn't you?? I'm an excellent friend and super fun to be around.  If you would like this title, then here are some things you should know about me :)

I am not from Tucson, and would never pretend to be.
I am from a small Massachusetts town called Abington.  I will always be a true New England girl.
My favorite season is fall.  I love all things scarf, boots and corduroy related.
I don't really have a "favorite" color.  I am always drawn to blues, some dark and some light; but I also love pink.  And yellow.  And green...
I am from a family of three kids.  I have one sister and one brother, both of whom live in MA.
I hate coffee.  I like tea, and more specifically chai.
My first job was at Old Navy.  I folded shirts.
My second job was at Starbucks and I worked there for 7 years.  I also won the Barista Olympics back home when I was 17.
Although my favorite season is fall, my favorite place to be is the beach, no matter what season it is.
I hate Tucson summers....too hot, but I like sitting by the pool, especially with a mimosa.
I cannot stand watching 98% of sports on TV.
I have been watching Days of Our Lives since I was 7 years old.
I graduated from the University of Arizona in 2003 and I never attended a single sporting event there: not one football or basketball game.
My degree was in Elementary Education and I taught 1st grade for 6 1/2 years.  Currently I am a SAHM but look forward to teaching again, someday!
I love wine.  Yum.
I like sweets, but I don't have a super sweet tooth.  I don't like chocolate ice cream or brownies.
I love to run, when I can get out the door.  It can be challenging with three kids but I firmly believe you have to make time for YOU!
I have zero time for drama in my life.  If you are a negative person and like to cause it...then I have no time for you.  Life is too short to be surrounded by selfish people.
My mom passed away from breast cancer a year ago.  I miss her everyday.  Part of the reason I run so much is because BC runs on both sides of my family and I'll be damned if I am going to get it.
I don't like too much meat...I was actually a vegetarian for years growing up.  I'll only cook meat when Mr. Pea is home.
I lived in Las Vegas for a few years as a kid but don't remember too much about it.
Mr. Pea and I have been married for 6 years but together since 2000...he is the reason I came to Tucson.  He is the ying to my yang.  We hardly ever fight. It's sort of strange.  I guess he just knows I'm always right ;)
I love to read, but haven't had too much time for that lately.  I need to get back into that!
I have three kids...which if you ever read a word of my blog, you already know.  They are the lights of my life and also the sole source of all my stress.  I love them to pieces.
I played softball for a few years in high school and was terrible at it, which is why I started running:  I have ZERO coordination.
My favorite music is 80's...woot!  I like lots of different genres though, just not any hard-core rap or country.  I HATE country music.
I don't eat any seafood.
I once had a dream to set all the lobsters free from the food stores.  Poor guys :(
I'm pretty sure I have some sort of OCD.  I can never have a dirty dish in the sink. Ever.
I almost never have "piles" of things...everything has a place.
I am a Democrat and lover of all people, races and sexual orientation.  I'm not perfect, who am I to judge?
I'm Irish, Scottish, English and Finnish.  Pretty dang white.
I don't tan too well.
I like my freckles.
I still talk with my three BFF's from high school. I love them!  We were quite a team.
I never got a single stretch mark from any of my pregnancies.  I thank Burt's Bees Mama Bee cream for that. 
I breastfed all my babies for over a year...I also lost my boobies thanks to that (boo).
My favorite food is mashed potatoes.  Pasta is a close second.
My dream job growing up was to work in the dairy store at Peaceful Meadow's.  Yup.
I hate bugs.
Ever since I had kids, I don't like scary rides.
My husband is my ultimate bestie :)

Did you learn anything new about me??  I am accepting BFF applications now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with a comment!!