As we were doing our taxes this past weekend, my husband was doing the entering and I was doing the reading. When we got to "work related expenses" he was diligently entering the money on clothes, shoes and travel he did for work. This had me thinking: where's the section for MY work related expenses???
Top Ten Tuesday- 10 things a stay-at-home mom should be able to claim as "work related expenses"
1. Wine, obviously.
2. Caffeine: whatever your pleasure is. This is again, obviously, a necessity.
3. Hair colorings. Whether it is by the box or at a salon. Gray hairs come naturally with children. We need to cover these up so we can continue to pretend we are not getting older.
4. A very good concealer.
5. Black yoga pants. Some nice ones.
6. Memberships to kid places: the zoo, children's museum, yadda, yadda. We need to entertain these kids some how and at times, I just run out of ideas.
7. Running shoes. So I can run and stay sane...so I don't run away ;)
8. A DVR...because a mother can never watch a show she likes when her kids are awake.
9. Tylenol. For all things headache related.
10. Date nights once a month. Babysitter, a nice dinner, a cute new outfit, and some cocktails. So a mother can have a night away to rekindle with daddy and come home refreshed for a at least a few hours where more of #1 will be needed.
Fry’s: Breyers Ice Cream Topping just $1.19
27 minutes ago