My oldest daughter has been sick all week. It's been the worst. Both for her and for me.
Tending to sick kids reminds me of what the world may be like if the zombies every attacked...sort of.
5 ways having sick kids is like the zombie apocalypse
1. The shades are drawn all day, the sight of daylight burns your eyes.
2. Everyone looks disheveled. Showers and baths are scarce. The house smells funny.
3. There is a trail of used tissues and possibly bodily fluids from room to room.
4. Everyone is scavenging food and fresh water.
5. Normal day-to-day tasks, like vacuuming, dish washing and wearing deodorant seem futile and, therefor, are hardly ever done.
6. The tv repeats the same show over and over and over and over....
7. People are wearing the same clothes over and over and over and over...
8. All sense of time seems lost. Minutes, hours, and days blend together.
9. The counter is full of all sorts of vials of mystery medicines, attempting to ward off the virus.
10. You are functioning in survival mode.
Ok, so I'm sure if the zombie really did come, if would be much worse. But having a sick kid or kids is pretty dang crappy too. I'm glad Pea #1 is feeling much better so life can resume to a state of normality. Thank you amoxicillin. Now please excuse me while I begin to disinfect my house.