Sunday, September 30, 2012

Coffee cake is yum

So, I have not been the best blogger lately!!  I do have about 10 different things I want to write about, it's just finding the time to do it!  Well, I have been requested to share a delicious recipe from my husband's family: Nanni's coffee cake.  I was asked to make this the other day by David and after posting a delicious looking photo, I was asked to share.  So here goes:

Nanni's sour cream coffee cake
**note #1: this recipe calls for the use of a spring form pan.  I've never made it with a different pan, but I suppose you could try one if you don't have a spring form.

Cake:
8T butter
1c sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c milk
1t vanilla
1c sour cream
2c flour
1t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2t salt

Center filling:
2/3c brown sugar
1t cinnamon

Crumb top:
1c flour
1/4t salt
1/4c sugar
1/4c brown sugar
1t cinnamon
1/2c butter

**note #2: as with all baking recipes, it's best to have all butter and eggs at room temp before beginning

- set oven to 350 degrees
- grease and flour a spring form pan very well, I use actual butter, not non-stick spray for this recipe
CAKE:
- mix together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and soda) and set aside
- cream together butter and sugar.  Then add in eggs, one at a time and then vanilla.  Add in dry ingredients and sour cream, alternating till all are mixed well.
FILLING:
- in a separate bowl, mix the filling ingredients together

- pour half of the cake batter in the pan, sprinkle center filling on batter, and then add the rest of the batter on top.
CRUMB TOP:
-in a small bowl, mix all ingredients together (I find it easiest to use my hands)
- sprinkle the crumb top on the cake batter
- bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, let cool for 25 minutes before opening the pan.
- sprinkle confectioners sugar on top when cool

Yum!  Bake your cake and eat it too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love with a comment!!